Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Roommate (Pt. 1)

You know those stories where roommates leave socks on the door to tell their bunkmates not to come home for the night?  That sock is now a text message and that bunkmate is me.  I don’t know anyone here, but apparently Liza has decided to be the Welcome Wagon for a special young man.  So here I am, ranting all of this on my BlackBerry because of my overwhelming compulsion to write how much I hate my new roommate.  It’s a new school year but the lounge already smells like beer and feet.  And the sofa has clearly welcomed both into its enormous cushions.  I love college.
I made a new friend, I think.  I was trying to sleep in the common area (not aided by the fact that the lights have motion detectors and flicker on whenever someone walks down the hallway or I shift even slightly) when a fellow new student took pity on me.  His name is Neal, and his roommate was apparently gone for the night as well.  Looks like the start of some Amos-cest right there.  Slept on their brand new futon and was accused of “walk of shaming” back to my floor this morning.  I don’t even know what that means.  This place is confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment