Friday, August 20, 2010

Introductions

I realize that I missed the fundamental "Get to meet you!" part of the blog.  My name is Lila Tanlen.  I enjoy tea, arguing with people, gourmet cheese, and political talk shows.  I dislike long fingernails, change, people who hum in the car (or anywhere, really), and drinking out of Nalgenes.  But, given the lack of real description in that account, I'll give you the letter I had to write my future roommate.  The internet is as much of a stranger to me as she will be, so here goes:


Hi!
My name is Lila Tanlen, and I’m from Bethesda, Maryland.  I’m 17, and my birthday is September 20th.  I’m an only child, and I live with both of my parents.
I just graduated from (School), which is a small private school a few minutes drive from my house.  At (School), I was on the swim team and the debate team.  I also wrote for the school paper, (Paper),  and worked for the literary magazine.  I hope to continue with these activities, as I really enjoyed them.  I liked high school – sure, I complained about the size and the monotony, but I knew how to do it.  Wake up, school, swim practice, debate practice, the like.  I never went to a high school party.  I never drank.  Never went on a date, never kissed a boy but I’m excited about embarking on a new adventure. 
 I really enjoy hanging out with friends, cooking, and hiking, and laughing so hard that my face hurts.  I’m horribly anxious really looking forward to meeting all of the new people at LAC!  
I don’t really have that many pet peeves.  I suppose that I have a few peculiar pet peeves.  I’m extremely organized, and I become homicidal when people go through my possessions can be little bit compulsive at times.  I go to sleep at around 3 AM and like to wake up as late as possible midnight and like to wake up at around 9.  I suppose that I’m not particular, so long as you keep to your side of the room and I’m fairly flexible.  I’m also pretty low maintenance – I don’t blow dry my hair or have a lot of clothes, and I prefer not to wear too much makeup, so no worries about peculiar grooming habits.
I’m really talkative, and apparently have rage issues and am known to be vicious can be a little bit cynical at times, but I’m really optimistic for the most part.  I like listening to music and reading.  My favorite bands are The Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Tool, the Nine Inch Nails, Andrew Bird and Porcupine Tree, among several others.  I guess that you could say that I like a little bit of everything.  My favorite books are No Exit, Candide, Brave New World, and please, please don’t put me with someone like me or I’ll end up rooming with a sociopath The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  If you have any good recommendations, I’d love to hear them. 
I’m not really sure what I want my major to be, but I’m really interested in American politics. 
I look forward to meeting you in the fall! 
Best,
Lila

You clearly have the version before all the changes were made.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment